Thank you for your interest in volunteering.
Currently we are in need of volunteers to assist with our c-Gaming program. AWHL is one of several member charities at the Rama Gaming Centre, Toronto East location. Our volunteers interact with and assist patrons while representing AWHL in the community. For additional information please contact email@example.com.
In addition to the charitable bingo opportunity, here are a few of the ways volunteers support the Helpline:
- assisting at events such as our annual charity run (September)
- assisting with administrative tasks
- joining AWHL staff at outreach activities (currently there are no outreach opportunities at this time)
- participating on committees such as our Resource Development Committee
- sharing special skills such as graphic design, pr, etc
For the safety and wellbeing of our callers and volunteers alike, volunteers do NOT interact with our callers. There are no volunteer counsellor roles at the Assautled Women's Helpline.
The Assaulted Women’s Helpline is committed to the development of a volunteer team that reflects diversity. Applications from Aboriginal Women, Black Women, Women of Colour, Lesbian and Bi-sexual Women, and Women with Disabilities are encouraged. The Helpline is a wheelchair accessible workspace.
Past users of our Helpline services are welcome to volunteer however we ask that you please wait one year before applying for our volunteer team. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.