Thank you for your interest in volunteering however we are NOT accepting any new volunteers at this time.
When we are able to bring on new volunteers here are a few of the ways volunteers support the Helpline:
- assisting at events such as our annual gala and charity run
- assisting at charitable bingo nights
- assisting with administrative tasks
- joining AWHL staff at outreach activities
- participating on committees such as our Resource Development Committee
- sharing special skills such as graphic design, pr, etc
But for the safety and wellbeing of our callers and volunteers alike, volunteers do NOT interact with our callers. There are no volunteer counsellor roles at the Assautled Women's Helpline.
The Assaulted Women’s Helpline is committed to the development of a volunteer team that reflects diversity. Applications from Aboriginal Women, Black Women, Women of Colour, Lesbian and Bi-sexual Women, and Women with Disabilities are encouraged. The Helpline is a wheelchair accessible workspace.
Past users of our Helpline services are welcome to volunteer however we ask that you please wait one year before applying for our volunteer team. For more information contact email@example.com.